The Evangelical Covenant Church is a fellowship of more than 800 churches in the United States and Canada; with mission fields located in many other countries. The Covenant headquarters are located in Chicago, Illinois.
The church traces its origin to the Protestant Reformation, the state church in Sweden, and the great spiritual awakening of the nineteenth century. Although the historic confessions and creeds of the Christian Church are highly valued, the Covenant Church believes that the Bible, as the Word of God, is the only authority for faith, doctrine, and conduct. Central in our faith is the need for a living relationship with God – new life made possible through His Son, Jesus Christ. We believe that the church is made up of all those who have entered into that relationship, and that all needs are met by the Lord Jesus Christ as His people worship, study, pray and believe together.
Brantford Covenant Church was organized in 1882 by ten families of Swedish immigrants under the name “The Swedish Evangelical Mission Church.” Today it is a family and community church whose membership comes from many surrounding communities including Agenda, Clifton, Clyde, Haddam, Linn, and Washington.